28 August, 2012

If Your Paintings Were Dances, What Would They Be Like?

<><><>


Studio Update.

How could there be anything more important than my kids will be back in school Wednesday?  My son will be in the Fifth grade, and my daughter fourth. From a studio perspective, though, that means I will be back at full crank with daily pastelling, and also oil painting.

The barn studio for oil painting suffered some momentum loss when we went on vacation to the coast, but I am confident that things will get back to full speed there, soon.  My next effort will be a mid-size painting, and I feel that I can play much better with that extra space on the canvas.  Reports to follow.

Although summer has kept me less active in the studio, I have made efforts to create almost daily and have moved the art forward.  I think you'll be surprised to see some of the works when I get them photographed.  

One interesting development has been the practice of working on pieces over longer periods of time.  I guess some artists describe that as rigor.  I feel that there are more things to be said, as well as some technical gems to be discovered, when one works the surface with more effort.  In some ways it hones the observational skills.

See you soon.


12 comments:

Karin Goeppert and Kenneth Burns said...

I am really curious, Casey. I want to see the oils please. And I want to be surprised......

SamArtDog said...

Love the question. I'll be thinking about my answer for a good while.

CERULEAN said...

The After After Party!It really rocks:)

Celeste Bergin said...

love the video...my painting are tangos!

www.paulakuitenbrouwer.com said...

Wonderful question!
Mine would resemble Baroque dances.

Casey Klahn said...

Soon, Karin - thanks for the interest!

Casey Klahn said...

Sam - I'm waiting.

Casey Klahn said...

Eric, I'm not culture savvy enough to know @ after after parties, but I see you have it well in hand. This was fun.

Casey Klahn said...

Good one, Celeste!

Casey Klahn said...

Paula - very intriguing.

SamArtDog said...

Oh okay... My paintings do the Hokey-Pokey.

Casey Klahn said...

I remember doing the hokey pokey on roller skates. That's my picture of your work, Sam.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism