09 September, 2011

Sausalito Report





Sausalito is over and I am back home, now.  This was my best year to date, even given the worst economy.  I had to work twice as hard, and "show up to market," which means I had to have the right mix of works to offer.


I will be returning to the Bay Area in early November to teach a workshop.  More on that soon.


One popular event in my booth was a "Flat File Sale."  That is, I sold loose and unframed artworks, both pastels and drawings, at set prices and at make-a-bid prices.  Would you like to participate in that here at The Colorist?  Maybe I can film the file drawers and contents and the bidding can begin.  Just an idea for now, but you could own a Casey Klahn for less if you don't mind doing the framing later.



2 comments:

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

Yes! I want to participate in flat file sale! I am loving my matted and framed "Fauvist Forest". What a gorgeous work of art!

Casey Klahn said...

Too bad I didn't break out the flat file when I was in Portland. I'll work on the sale to see how best to do it.

Sarah, thanks again for the hospitality and for your patronage!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism