27 April, 2007

Mark Harden's Artchive


Mark Harden's Artchive has a page titled Theory and Criticism, which looks to be a fine collection of writings by known critics who expound on known artists and their artwork.

I guess I have been giving this well known site (Google seems to always take me there!) short shrift because I kind of don't like the graphic layout of the art listings there. In all fairness, though, it is a great website and resource for studying and thinking about art.

Here's the link:
http://www.artchive.com/critic.htm

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful Casey! I will go check it out once I get the chance! Promise! :) Thanks for the info. :)
*HUGS*

Robyn Sinclair said...

Hi Casey - I actually originally found this site through one of your posts. I treasure it!

jafabrit said...

I agree about the layout, drives me bonkers at times, but I also agree worth the visit.

Casey Klahn said...

Thanks, all. I wondered if it was just me on the layout issues.

Making A Mark said...

Ditto re format - it always seem to pay off digging around but irritates me at the same time!

Casey Klahn said...

We artistes have such high standards for graphics, I reckon.
I, for one, look forward to better graphic control of these blogs - and no, I am not going back to school to learn HTML, thanks very much.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism